GIF of the Day
12 Insanely Clever Movie Details That Definitely Slipped Past You
December 14, 2017
1. When Jasmine is confronted by the apple vendor for stealing in
, kids at the time probably didn't notice all the notches in the wood that tells a grim story about all the previous thieves who were caught shoplifting...
2. The famous statue of Mercury atop Grand Central station is destroyed in T
, but by
Avengers: Age of Ultron
, it's been replaced by a sculpture honoring first responders
3. In Tim Burton's
, Jeffrey Jones' goofy sweater becomes a pretty badass pair of impromptu pants for Catherine O'Hara one scene later...
4. You can tell when The Coen Bros'
has only a half-hour left in its runtime when Steve Buscemi delivers this warning to William H Macy over the phone...
5. The T-800 flips his bandolier behind his back before walking towards the SWAT team, in subtle attempt to make sure the LIVE GRENADE ROUNDS he was holding don't get shot and explode in
Terminator 2: Judgement Day
, it's very VERY likely that Dennis Nedry's outfits were chosen in reference to producer Kathleen Kennedy's previous film
7. In the live-action
Beauty and the Beast
Sir Ian McKellan's moustache is uneven like the minute and hour hands of a clock, a funny reference to the years Cogsworth spent under the enchantment.
8. This probably slipped past you in the low-rez VHS era, but you can see how the news readers in
(1989) stop using makeup after the Joker sabotages the beauty products in Gotham City
Bruce Banner's face is alongside the other "famous scientists" on the wall of Peter Parker's physics class.
10. Seems like there's a new detail from
every single time we share these, and wouldn't you know it...
11. Squint carefully in
Captain America: Civil War
and you can see where Steve ripped off the little "A" patch that denoted his team allegiance...
12. In 2017's
, among the photos that Ben is searching through at the library, you can see a heavily-obscured Pennywise lurking in the background.
We like you. Do you like us too?
Don't ask me again.