GIF of the Day
Holy Shit Remember That Robot Cat From Sabrina The Teenage Witch?
January 12, 2017
1. Yo man, remember that freaky robot cat from Sabrina the Teenage Witch?
2. To me that show represented the height of the family-friendly multicam sitcom's dominance on television.
3. The Show's creators cited a concern for animal cruelty when they decided to use an animatronic puppet for the role of Salem Saberhagen
4. Looking back on it now, there's some real uncanny valley stuff, moments where the puppeteers nail it, and others... not so much
5. Such a weird mix of bad and good special effects
6. Puppets are always funnier than CG, this is known.
7. He was a former witch who was punished to live as a cat for his misdeeds
8. Our main glimpse of this was that weird flashback where Salem was in his human form and tried to start a worldwide magical coup while several followers (including Sabrina's aunt?) chanted "Witch Power"! So that's neat.
9. There's just something so goofy about this puppet born from a pre 9/11 America, that weird early 2000s period
10. This show had a level of shameless camp you don't see these days
Page 1 of 2
More Tv Stuff
10 Times Futurama Snuck in Mindblowing Moments of Continuity
This Guy's Name is Fred, and He's Responsible for Your Entire Childhood
20 Times Cyril From Archer Was Our Favorite Beta Male
sabrina the teenage witch
We like you. Do you like us too?
Don't ask me again.