We're getting closer and closer to the release of Pokemon Sun and Moon, and that means more and more information is being slowly distributed by Nintendo to the hungry masses. The latest: the reveal of the villains of the Alola Region - Team Skull, led by a fella named Guzma.
Behold - maybe the weirdest-looking gang leader in Pokemon history, a punk rock old man with glasses that are literally shaped like a sun and a moon. That's right, he doesn't have sunglasses - he has SUNMOONGLASSES. He's buds with the team's "Big Sister" Plumeria, hates Professor Kukui, and literally refers to himself as "your boy Guzma".
But who IS our boy Guzma? What's his deal? The internet already has a few theories...
1. A lot of people have called out the similar appearances with another recent Pokemon character - Pokemon GO's Professor Willow.
What if guzma is prof willow after he's forced to take care of one too many pidgeys-- AuraStorm@VALOR (@hadounoarashi) August 11, 2016
this is why most profs give pokedexes to 3 trainers max
Willow is a professor in the morning and Guzma at night-- 绿熊猫(Xue) (@LuXiongMaoXue) August 11, 2016
2. Is Guzma a Youtuber? IT WOULD MAKE SENSE.
3. ...or at least SOME teen who spends too much time on social media.
*enters team skull hq*-- apple@HELL (@bubbaguyz) August 11, 2016
guzma: ITS YA BOY GUZMA with my SKULL FAM here 2 wrek alola cuz we're WOKE and LIT
4. And it's important to note that a lot of people are noticing the similarities between ya boi Guzma and Justin Roiland's Rick Sanchez (of Rick & Morty):
Morty. *urp* you gotta. You gotta steal the *urp* Pokemon Morty. For Guzma, Morty. Your boy *urp* Guzma. pic.twitter.com/2yRQ3wAY2o-- Lindsay Small-Butera (@SmallLindsay) August 11, 2016
5. Or maybe he's more of the Dr. Horrible mold...
6. Could he secretly be a Russian gangster? He's got the pose down...
7. At the very least, Guzma fits nicely into plenty of memes.