We know how Pokemon Go is revolutionizing people's social lives for the better, but we haven't heard nearly enough talk about how the app is affecting people's romantic lives. Let's investigate.
1. It appears it's having a positive effect
#PokemonGo just got me a date... Goddamn-- Ian McAdam (@BarsnBolts) July 12, 2016
pokemon go got me laid-- boy bye (@blaq_sav) July 11, 2016
Pokémon GO got me laid by a super cute chubby college dude today. Now I'm incredibly happy that I downloaded it.-- Jeff (@UndeadPriest) July 8, 2016
Pokemon Go is great for my mental health. I also got laid.-- stu (@TruthHurtsCrown) July 11, 2016
2. Twitter user T Mulligan even live-tweeted his successful Pokemon Go date
Met a girl whilst out on a run/#PokemonGO hunt today, she was with her friends but I managed to get her number. going out tonight with her-- T Mulligan (@mullied) July 16, 2016
just told her 'When I look at you, my Metapod can't get any harder' think I laughed a bit too hard #PokemonGO.date-- T Mulligan (@mullied) July 16, 2016
Parked up at a nice spot over looking the harbour in the hopes of some kisses ... but no! catching krabbys is more important #PokemonGO.date-- T Mulligan (@mullied) July 16, 2016
shes invited me back to her place to show me how good she is at playing the Poké Flute bloody love this #PokemonGO-- T Mulligan (@mullied) July 16, 2016
3. It seems like Pokemon Go is replacing Netflix & Chill
4. Unfortunately, Pokemon Go can cause tension in pre-existing relationships...
5. But a lot of girlfriends understand the lure of Pokemon Go all too well
6. ALL TOO WELL
7. An unexpected bonus? People can use Pokemon Go to lure out the rattatas
8. Good thing a commenter told her how to best catch him
9. Of course, there is a new Pokemon Go dating app
It's called PokeDates and you can use it now!
After you sign up, you answer a few questions and describe your Pokemon Go hunting schedule. Then, the app sets you up on a date with another player.
Hopefully, both parties will get more from the date than a couple of Zubats.