It is an objective, inarguable fact that Emperor's New Groove or ENG was robbed of its deserved glory and recognition. When it came out, it didn't do as well as other 90s Disney gems. Probably because its main character was a talking llama, not a singing princess. However, in the years since its release, its genius has been recognized -- mostly by tumblr, of course. I like to think its late-in-life popularity is because we've all grown up and matured and accepted that, no matter what a Buzzfeed quiz says, we've got a lot more in common with Kuzco than Belle.
1. First of all, the movie inspired a meme:
People have repurposed Pancha's "When the sun hits the ridge just right" face to describe lots of excellent things.
Like Drake's Hotline Bling
2. The movie has stood the test of time because it speaks to everyone
3. Especially this line. This line said by Kronk. This line said by Kronk about Kuzco. Kronk's line.
4. Don't forget about this one
5. People are just GIVING Disney free ideas on how to repurpose ENG
6. Fans have paid ENG the greatest compliment: by illustrating mashups with Marvel, like this one
No Touchy by lisaveeee
7. Or this one (Kuzco was a manchild millionaire before it was cool)
Stark's New Groove by lusterlost
8. ENG is everywhere if you look for it
9. EVERYWHERE, even in Fallout 4
10. Fans have done minimal effort cosplay of their favorite ENG characters
Yzma by thewildhoneysuckle
11. And high effort cosplay
Pacha, Kuzco and Chica by yourfavoritescoundrel
12. And here is absolute maximum effort cosplay (somebody running the Disneyland marathon in Kronk cosplay)