Neko Atsume is a game in which you collect cats. Sure, it sounds simple enough, but any cat lover knows that cats don't ever do what you want them to so this is actually a much tougher job than it seems. Being a collector of cats takes great patience and care. What do players do while they wait? They create funny internet content, of course.
1. No Fake Cat Ladies Allowed
Real gamers play Neko Atsume.-- YL (@BeMyTempest) June 14, 2016
2. Oh, Tubbs
3. Life imitates art?
Neko atsume Ancient Rome edition pic.twitter.com/swbBXwP6rV-- Huey (@TheGoodbyed) June 17, 2016
4. Eurykrates did it. He created the perfect Neko Atsume cosplay.
5. Tubbs was the best I ever had
Can someone get Drake to do a remix of the Neko Atsume song-- Alex McMullen (@AlxndrTheDecent) June 23, 2016
6. TFW you start identifying too much with cartoon cats
7. Fans have extensive headcanon for the kitties. Here's roslue-chie's for Pumpkin and Cinnamon:
8. Neko Atsume will change your life.
Thinking about going to a Neko Atsume-themed comedy show that I heard about on reddit. I'm not the person I thought I was.-- Joanna Borns (@robotics) June 19, 2016
9. Even Sad Keanu loves Neko Atsume
10. Neko Atsume dispenses important life lessons
neko atsume getting a little too real pic.twitter.com/vh831fgcdJ-- JEM (@grimewizard69) June 13, 2016
11. And of course, there are mashups, like this Overwatch one by baileyartblog
12. An Undertale mashup by azurite-draws
13. A Pokemon mashup by t0xlorz
14. The troubling question is: What do you do when Neko Atsume is done?