1. This is D.va, one of Overwatch's most popular characters
2. Fans love her character design. Hence all the fan art...
3. ...and cosplay, of course
4. She's a lot of fun to play, too. Especially when she self-destructs her mech and nukes everyone
5. Even better when she fools Roadhog into pulling the bomb into his own team
6. But there's something else going on with D.va...
7. See, there's two ways the internet portrays D.va. There's the cute/sexy anime way...
8. And then there's the Path of the Gremlin
9. D.va's backstory explains that she's a former pro gamer. Hence why she would be so into Doritos and Mountain Dew
has anyone drawn a garbage gamer d.va with doritos on her face? if not im breaking new artistic ground here pic.twitter.com/JMVQeoqk51-- LEXXERWATCH (@Lexxercise) June 4, 2016
10. Like, really, REALLY into Doritos and Mountain Dew
11. The whole thing has... kind of gotten out of hand
12. If we're lucky, someday Blizzard will recognize the trend with a new costume
D.VA's new mech announced pic.twitter.com/MV5n5JZlpy-- Melissa Yabumoto (@ffSade) June 14, 2016
13. The meme seems to be at least partially inspired from the junk food-loving Umaru-chan
14. At this point, any other kind of D.va just doesn't feel right
15. D.va works much better as a grubby gremlin queen