If you're into gaming you know about how E3 2016 is happening RIGHT NOW. And the first of Monday's big 2 presentations just wrapped up. Here's a sampling of the real reactions that people were having to what many are calling "a perfectly reasonable hype train".
(Editor's Note: It has come to our attention that this article actually contains 11 tweets, rest assured we have taken appropriate action and severely flogged the contributor responsible for this breach of trust)
1. Microsoft had two huge hardware announcements, claiming that all future games will be playable across all available versions of the XBox hardware
'Project Scorpio'-- Gav (@miracleofsound) June 13, 2016
'No one gets left behind'
Uh huh. pic.twitter.com/5yb9vUMEiO
2. There was also a heavy emphasis on cross-platform play between Console, PC, and Mobile
"EXCLUSIVELY ON XBOX ONE AND XBOX ONE S AND PROJECT SCORPIO AND WINDOWS 10 AND SOME PHONES AND SOMEBODY'LL PROBABLY GET IT TO RUN ON LINUX"-- Max Scoville (@MaxScoville) June 13, 2016
3. One of the biggest hits with the crowd was the ability to make custom designs for your controller
Just customized my new Xbox One controller! pic.twitter.com/fYOk53RZEz-- Brian Altano (@agentbizzle) June 13, 2016
4. But let's get to the games, starting with a big showcase for "Gears of War 4"
5. Another game that made an impresison was the creepy British dystopia of "We Happy Few"
Congratulations, #XboxE3 for the rest of our lives gamers will ask themselves, "where were you when you saw the BLOOD PINATA".-- Dorkly (@dorkly) June 13, 2016
6. An odd recurring theme was Japanese devs showing off giant-sized boss fights like in "Final Fantasy XV"...
This is a bad let's play of Final Fantasy XV pic.twitter.com/eCpcfq7LUD-- Wario64 (@Wario64) June 13, 2016
AND Platinum Games' "Scalebound" literally featured a giant enemy crab, though it was touted as "the biggest boss" that the studio has ever developed
Scalebound has some of the biggest bosses in games, they're literally not bound by scale.-- Rami Ismail (@tha_rami) June 13, 2016
7. Rare's upcoming "Sea of Thieves" utilized a... QUESTIONABLE approach by having players do "wacky" commentary as the footage played
Hey guys welcome to my let's play of Sea of Thieves. pic.twitter.com/DS1sPqmCXe-- SpaceHamster (Jeff) (@Jeff_like_Feff) June 13, 2016
8. Many are suspicious of just how hard Microsoft is pushing its games lineup to prop up their less than warmly recieved OS update
9. There was also a heavily-scripted Minecraft demo, which featured a surprise appearance by 90's violence lord John Carmack
John Carmack on stage for Minecraft, what a time pic.twitter.com/yCWZ0oHstG-- Wario64 (@Wario64) June 13, 2016
10. Overall, the response was pretty good, or at the very least "not infuriating" which is definitely a win by E3 standards
Started by announcing a new console.-- Matthew Patrick (@MatPatGT) June 13, 2016
Ended by announcing a console to replace that new console.
Man, tech evolves fast these days. #XBoxE3