1. He has the best first tweet of any celebrity
Testing... testing... Is this thing on??-- Tom Hanks (@tomhanks) January 11, 2010
2. He understands exactly what the internet likes
3. Just look at the jokes he made during his 2013 Reddit AMA
4. That AMA wasn't the first time he's cracked awkward jokes
5. He just likes to have fun
6. He's definitely not above gloating
How I'm getting around these days! Hanx http://t.co/xcPXe24u-- Tom Hanks (@tomhanks) September 24, 2012
7. He's a big dork for typewriters.
Chris Hardwick bribed him into appearing on the Nerdist podcast by sending him a rare 1934 Smith Corona typewriter. This is Hardwick's letter to Hanks.
And this is Hanks's response:
8. He even invented an app, HANX WRITER, that makes typing on your phone feel like typing on a typewriter
You can buy it HERE!
9. Still don't think Tom Hanks is everybody's dad? He finishes all his tweets with "Hanx," even this tweet where he found a girl's student ID on the street and wanted to return it to her.
Lauren! I found your Student ID in the park. If you still need it my office will get to you. Hanx. pic.twitter.com/Ee9kK4V4qf-- Tom Hanks (@tomhanks) October 6, 2015
10. Chances are, Tom Hanks appears in at least one of your favorite movies. He's inspired multiple pieces of fan art that celebrate his illustrious film career.
Hanks A Lot by Luke McGarry
The Evolution of Tom Hanks by Jeff Victor
30 Tom Hanks by Hallpen