In the comics, Marvel superheroes (or resident anti-heroes) Wolverine and Deadpool have a contentious friendship. During the entire marketing campaign of Deadpool, Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman have brought this dynamic to life through social media and interviews. Here are the highlights of their social media sparring:
1. Hugh Jackman posts Ryan Reynold's best impersonation of him (in full Deadpool makeup)
2. Putting his Australian accent practice to use, Ryan Reynolds calls out "X-Men Origins: Wolverine"
3. Jackman responds to Reynold's open mocking of his film and his country
4. Hugh Jackman interrupted Reynold's 12 Days of Deadpool with this tweet
5. They bumped into each other in real life and somehow everyone stayed cool
6. Jackman supported Reynold's movie...perhaps against his will?
7. Reynolds responded in kind
I'd ask for a crisp high five, but, uh... Ouchie. https://t.co/dx4viwOO6B-- Ryan Reynolds (@VancityReynolds) February 6, 2016
8. Reynolds crashes Jackman's press tour for his new movie
9. Hugh Jackman didn't seem thrilled about the interruption