Jason Wingreen, the actor who originally voiced Boba Fett, passed away this weekend. Many fans took to twitter to express their condolences:
The original voice of Boba Fett just passed away. He's no good to me dead. :(-- Laken (@LakenArts) January 2, 2016
Since The Force Awakens came out, everybody is obsessing over new characters, but we think it's important to remember why you should still love Boba Fett best of all.
1. He appeared in the original trilogy and the prequels so he's meaningful to young and old Star Wars fans alike.
2. He's fun to accurately cosplay
3. He's also fun to not accurately cosplay!
4. Basically, the Boba Fett cosplay possibilities are endless and awesome
Mulan: Rian Synnth Cosplay, Pocahontas: Hendo Art, Ariel: Traci Hines, Rapunzel: Maid of Might Cosplay, Aurora: PandaCat Cosplay, Tink: Miley TinyThunder, Pan: @chrisvillain, Anna: LifeofShel, Elsa: Ashlynne Dae, Hans: Eberle Cosplay
5. Sure, you can go nuts over TR-8R, but don't forget who came first.
6. Fans love him so much that they are finding creative ways to incorporate him into the new trilogy
What if Supreme Leader Snoke was Boba Fett?-- Ryan Scott Graham (@RyanScottGraham) January 4, 2016
7. He has inspired rad fan art over the years.
Boba Catt by dailycatdrawings
Epic Boba Fett by heroforpain
Star Wars 80s High School Biker Boba Fett by denism79
Boba holding a fluffy bunny by Kelly Kerrigan
7. And intriguing fan theories. Like the one where HE is responsible for killing Luke's aunt and uncle. Click here to find out more.
8. You can buy a Boba Fett bathrobe so you can pretend to be a ruthless mercenary in the privacy of your home
9. His iconic costume had an interesting evolution, as explained by this infographic by HalloweenCostumes
10. Finally, here's a tribute video fans put together of Wintergreen's work as Boba Fett to remind you why you first fell in love with this mysterious bounty hunter: