It's no secret that the old gang is back together in The Force Awakens, and that means the inimtable Carrie Fisher, who plays older Princess Leia or General Organa, IS BACK!
Carrie Fisher has singlehandedly made Force Awakens press delightful because she is hilarious and candid and she sincerely doesn't give a fuck. So, here are 18 reasons why Carrie Fisher deserves all your love.
1. Carrie Fisher first played Princess Leia 38 years ago when she was 19. And she maintains that she believed in Star Wars from day one.
2. And she totally gets why Leia is a beloved character.
3. She responded to the controversy over the Slave Leia outfit by explaining: "I think that's stupid. The father who flipped out about it, 'What am I going to tell my kid about why she's in that outfit?' Tell them that a giant slug captured me and forced me to wear that stupid outfit, and then I killed him because I didn't like it. And then I took it off. Backstage."
4. But Carrie is so much more than a kick-ass space princess. For a long time, she was a respected script doctor (writer who punches up screenplays).
A 1992 Entertainment Weekly article called Fisher "one of the most sought after doctors in town." She lent her writing skills to movies like Hook, Sister Act and The Wedding Singer. The reason you haven't heard about this is because script doctors are rarely credited for their work.
5. She also wrote 4 books, 3 movies and 2 plays of her own. Throughout her work, she's been open about her struggles with biopolar disorder.
6. Now she shares her funny writing through her twitter
That chain only"enslaved"me until I could use the frabjous thing to KILL THAT DROOLING SWOLLEN SUPERTONGUED SLUG&whirl him off into infinity-- Carrie Fisher (@carrieffisher) July 15, 2015
Photo of Harrison putting a chin back on w/ glue &holding it til it dried, Chewie flabbergasted, me ashamed& robocop pic.twitter.com/l3BaYNRaFH-- Carrie Fisher (@carrieffisher) December 12, 2015