GIF of the Day
15 Reasons Why The World is So Ready For a Carmen Sandiego Reboot
February 9, 2016
For maximum enjoyment, shout "Do it, Rockapella!" before clicking this audio embed:
1. It's been a forever since the collapse of the 'educational' software boom of the early 90s, what happened to making games that actually taught you something useful?
2. Another thing that's due for a comeback are "Game Shows for Kids"
3. She's one of the most legendary robbers in Pop Culture history
4. No really, she's total badass
5. Not to mention 1/2 of the most popular nostalgia ship of all time
6. Like, people seriously want to see her and Waldo bump uglies
7. Nobody else can pull off that distinctive "Red Brimmed Hat" look
8. The games industry has done great work including more diverse lead heroes, but they're still in need of some good charismatic female villains (does GlaDOS count if she's an AI?)
9. Plus, in an increasingly Global Economy, it's probably a good idea to start helping our kids know basic Geography...
10. Everyone loves a lady in red
11. We can finally get answers to why the ACME Detective Agency relied solely on children, acapella groups, and occaisionally a weird floating head to solve trans-continental grand larcenies?
12. Not that the criminal organization V.I.L.E. really had its shit together either
13. The character is just BEGGING for a modern update
14. It's the only game series endorsed by Joe "The Big Kahuna" Biden
15. In conclusion, she's cool, educational, and steals stuff. Why are we not funding this!?
where in the world is carmen san
We like you. Do you like us too?
Don't ask me again.