1. Memes by their nature are self-perpetuating, but why has John Cena become so unavoidable?
Comic by MrBlaz
2. He's been one the most popular professional wrestlers / jorts enthusiast for over 10 years
graphic via Timetravel6000v2
3. Which means that the same kids who adored him when they were 12 are now meme-creating grown ass adults and teens.
Photo by ghoulweeb
4. As this generation has grown up, Cena has occupied the same low-culture mindspace previously held by Shrek and Dragonball Z.
"WAH CENA" by kirby62626
5. It starts to make sense why this year the internet was flooded with stuff like this: