We'd all like to think that "The Dark Knight" is the true version of Batman. We tell ourselves that the technicolor nonsense of Adam West and the delightful hijinks of Robin the Pantsless Boy Wonder were unfortunate distractions in the character's history. But the fact remains that there's 3 decades of Gold and Silver Age Madness that can't be denied, which is why I'm going to pop in my DVD box set of "Brave and the Bold" after looking at these moments from the Caped Crusader's embarrassing early adventures.
All of these panels were originally shared on the blog Why I Love Comics which collects amazing excerpts from across the history of superhero comics.
1) In comics, your butler can save your life by dropping vegetables!
2) In comics, even the World's Greatest Detective can be an idiot.
3) In comics, the sound of irreversible brain damage is "clonk".
4) In comics, punching a clown directly in the teeth is hilarious!
5) In comics, criminals got booty game for real!
6) In comics, grown men lose focus in the middle of a fistfight because of an ankle.