This year, Dorkly.com is hosting the first-ever Dorkly Fan Art Expo at C2E2 -- an exhibition of the best fan art from the most talented emerging artists around the world.
Located in the C2E2 Fan Village, The Dorkly Fan Art Expo will also feature several daily live illustration sessions--"Morning Drawfee Live" and "Afternoon Drawfee Break Live"--from Dorkly artists, an interactive Fan Art Trivia Challenge for C2E2 attendees, a panel conversation on the evolution and impact of fan art, and a screening of curated fan films, including the premiere of a new Dorkly Original video. Throughout the weekend, Dorkly editors will create C2E2 photo galleries and original editorial content including video interviews with fans, artists, celebrities and more.
Submit a piece of your own fan art for the chance to have your work promoted by Dorkly.com, displayed and admired by C2E2 Fans throughout the weekend, and judged by some of the biggest names in art and comics.
To add some stakes and bragging rights for participating artists, Dorkly has assembled an expert panel of judges who will select the best fan art pieces in categories including "Best Fan Art Mash-Up," "Best Video Game Fan Art," and more, as well as a "Best in Show."
The Dorkly Fan Art Expo judges include:
- Michel Balasis (artist; owner, Pop Chicago Gallery)
- Andrew Bridgman (Editor-in-Chief, Dorkly)
- Cliff Chiang (artist & comic book illustrator)
- Mike Drucker (writer, Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon; comedian)
- Heidi MacDonald (Editor-In-Chief, The Beat)
- Ozge Samanci (graphic novelist; Assistant Professor at Radio TV Film Department, Northwestern University, focusing on interactive art and comics)
- Sam Spratt (illustrator & painter)
- David Steinberger (Founder & CEO, comiXology)
- Noelle Stevenson (comic artist & illustrator; creator & author, NIMONA)
- Caldwell Tanner (Head Illustrator, CollegeHumor)
If you have any questions or issues, just email us at C2E2@Dorkly.com!