This game seems to have all of the indie game essentials, including:
- Theatrical, British narration that completely sells the gameplay and narrative that otherwise wouldn't look all that impressive
- Retro, pixel-based graphics that are a little TOO pixel-y
- Weird gameplay gimmick that helps differentiate the game (asymmetrical multiplayer)
- Simple title that invokes old tropes of gaming
- Will probably be available for free in a Humble Bundle in 6 months (that's just us assuming though)
All in all, it looks pretty spectacular - the game is called 'Crawl' and features an interesting spin on multiplayer: one player is the hero, hacking and slashing his way through a dungeon - the other three players are restless spirits, possessing various creatures or traps and attempting to kill the hero. The twist - when one of them kills the hero, they BECOME the hero, and the former hero becomes a restless spirit. It's like some kind of Lovecraftian nightmare by way of Kafka, which just happens to make it a pretty fun sounding indie game.